According to a notice from Zhuhai-Macau customs clearance, the border crossing between the two jurisdictions will resume “normal” customs operations as of 6pm on Wednesday 3 August, meaning people entering Zhuhai from Macau will no longer be required to enter seven days of hotel quarantine.
However, those looking to cross will need to show a negative NAT test result obtained within the previous 24 hours, the notice said, while Gongbei Port won’t reopen until Friday.
“Due to equipment being updated in the hall of Gongbei Port and other works, the [opening of customs at Gongbei Port] will be postponed to 6am on 5 August,” it said.
The revised entry conditions mean people in Macau can, as of Wednesday, enter Zhuhai through the Qingmao Port, the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macau Bridge (HZMB), Hengqin Port or the Cross Border Industrial Area without requiring quarantine.
The quarantine requirement had been put in place on 28 June in response to Macau’s first major outbreak of COVID-19. With the outbreak having since subsided, authorities in Macau have this week entered a week-long “stabilization period”, with most businesses, including casinos, operational again.
There is no change in the current rules for entering Macau from Zhuhai, which requires a negative NAT test obtained with 48 hours of nucleic acid testing.