A day after around 500 staff and guests of its Macau peninsula integrated resort Grand Lisboa were sealed inside after a number of positive COVID-19 cases were detected, SJM Resorts S.A. has announced that Grand Lisboa Palace Macau in Cotai will become a quarantine hotel.
SJM said Thursday that it will provide the East Wing Hotel Tower of Grand Lisboa Palace Macau – comprising around 470 rooms – for quarantine purposes starting 8 July.
“During this time, Grand Lisboa Palace will strictly adhere to the latest government advice and risk-management protocols concerning the wellbeing of all frontline staff,” it said. “We will constantly update and communicate with the authorities and take every possible measure to safeguard the health and safety of its guests and employees.”
As reported by Inside Asian Gaming earlier this week, peninsula resort Grand Lisboa was closed to the public and around 500 hotel staff and guests prevented from leaving due to a number of positive cases being detected. Those inside are staying two or three to a room in Grand Lisboa’s hotel rooms.
SJM also released a statement on their wellbeing this week in which it said, “For all those who have to stay in the hotel, including staff, guests and shopkeepers, who are classified by Grand Lisboa as a red code area, arrangements have been made for them to stay in the hotel rooms, and breakfast, lunch and dinner have been provided to ensure a steady supply of meals each day.
“At the same time, Lisboa has followed the authorities’ guidelines to deliver supplies from family members to those staying at the hotel in an orderly manner. The Government has also disinfected and cleaned the premises.”
The number of positive cases detected since Macau’s outbreak began on 18 June has now reached 1,215 with 128 detected in the 24 hours to midnight on Thursday morning.