Resorts World Genting says it will either provide a full refund or postpone the dates of arrival of certain guests after the Malaysian government extended a Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO) on Kuala Lumpur, Putrajaya and Selangoruntil 9 November.
The CMCO had originally been implemented for a period of two weeks from 14 to 27 October following a rise in new cases, but numbers have continued to surge since then including a new record high of 1,240 new cases on Monday.
While 927 of those were in the state of Sabah on the island of Borneo, there were also 127 in Selangor, 61 in Penang, 17 in Kuala Lumpur and a smattering elsewhere, prompting the extension of current CMCO measures.
In response, the operators of Genting’s Malaysia resort said it would remain “open as usual” but encouraged guests from affected areas who had previously made reservations to cancel or postpone.
“We will continue to monitor the situation and provide necessary updates as more information becomes available,” RWG said.
“RWG has been continuously conducting deep cleaning and thorough sanitization throughout the resort as well as adhering to the strict SOPs issued by the government. This includes observing physical distancing, wearing face masks and adopting good personal hygiene practices.
“We will continue to do so to ensure the health and safety of all our guests and employees.”