Galaxy Entertainment Group (GEG) has issued a statement distancing itself from reports of business development plans in mainland China.
According to a statement issued Friday, a company in China last week published a press release via social media channels in which it claimed to have held a meeting with the “Director and President of Operations of Macau Galaxy Entertainment Group.” The company alleged the so-called GEG representative shared business development plans for the group in China during the meeting.
GEG on Friday denied any such meeting having taken place, stating, “GEG wishes to clarify that the said person is not an employee or a representative of GEG. GEG has no association or connection with the said Chinese company and/or the said person who alleged to be the ‘Director and President of Operations of Macau Galaxy Entertainment Group.’
“In addition, GEG did not authorize the subject parties to issue any press release on behalf of GEG.
“GEG considers the subject parties have infringed GEG’s reputation and image by misleading third parties to falsely believe that the purported person is a GEG executive member and that the said Chinese company has a partnership or association with GEG.
“GEG hereby reserves all its rights and remedies in this matter.”