• Subscribe
  • Magazines
  • About
  • Contact
  • Advertise
Monday 1 December 2025
  • zh-hant 中文
  • ja 日本語
  • en English
IAG
Advertisement
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
No Result
View All Result
IAG
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
No Result
View All Result
IAG
No Result
View All Result

Singapore Airlines to suspend flights to China’s Chengdu and Chongqing from 31 March

Newsdesk by Newsdesk
Sun 24 Mar 2024 at 17:08
Singapore’s Changi Airport now Asia’s busiest airport as Hong Kong falls further behind
111
SHARES
2.8k
VIEWS
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Singapore Airlines will reportedly suspend flights to and from the mainland Chinese cities of Chengdu and Chongqing from 31 March because it hasn’t received approval from the Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) to fly the two routes for the summer and autumn seasons.

According to The Straits Times, the suspension of services comes just five months after flights between the two cities and Singapore resumed, with no clarity on how long this new suspension will last. The airline currently flies daily to Chengdu and three times a week to Chongqing.

A Singapore Airlines spokesperson told The Straits Times, “China is an important market for the Singapore Airlines Group. We will continue to work closely with the relevant authorities, as we adjust our network and capacity to China.”

A similar suspension took place between Singapore and four Chinese cities – Chongqing, Chengdu, Shenzhen and Xiamen – last year before flights resumed in late November.

While the timing if this latest suspension seems coincidental, it comes just days after China’s embassy in Singapore issued an advisory warning its citizens against gambling there because doing so could violate Chinese law.

The two nations previously launched a mutual 30-day visa free entry scheme in early February, which Nomura analysts said would trigger a significant increase in Chinese travellers to Singapore and provide additional benefits to its two integrated resorts, Marina Bay Sands and Resorts World Sentosa.

RelatedPosts

Japan’s new Prime Minister Sanae Takaichi was an early proponent of IR bill

China issues advisory warning citizens against travelling to Japan following PM’s Taiwan comments, Macau and Hong Kong follow suit

Mon 17 Nov 2025 at 04:11
Thailand hands over gambling kingpin and long-time fugitive She Zhijiang for extradition back to China

Thailand hands over gambling kingpin and long-time fugitive She Zhijiang for extradition back to China

Thu 13 Nov 2025 at 05:13
Hong Kong Jockey Club to hold first race meeting at new mainland China racecourse in October 2026

Hong Kong Jockey Club to hold first race meeting at new mainland China racecourse in October 2026

Sun 9 Nov 2025 at 13:15
Non-gaming drives improved 3Q25 revenues at Resorts World Sentosa but best yet to come

Non-gaming drives improved 3Q25 revenues at Resorts World Sentosa but best yet to come

Fri 7 Nov 2025 at 04:45
Load More
Tags: ChengduChinaChongqingflightsSingaporeSingapore Airlines
Share44Share8
Newsdesk

Newsdesk

The IAG Newsdesk team comprises some of the most experienced journalists in the Asian gaming industry. Offering a broad range of expertise, their decades of combined know-how spans multiple countries across a variety of topics.

Current Issue

Editorial – Cause and effect

Editorial – Cause and effect

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:40

Since news broke recently of a sports betting scandal involving certain NBA players and coaching staff sharing inside information with...

Lap of luxury

Lap of luxury

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:23

Set to open its first phase in February, the eco-luxury golf and lifestyle estate Hann Reserve not only promises to...

Staying connected

Staying connected

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:09

With a senate hearing into the Philippines’ booming eGames, or domestic online gaming, industry already proving successful in having stricter...

Party at the Palace

Party at the Palace

by Ben Blaschke
Thu 27 Nov 2025 at 18:47

A who’s who of the Asian gaming industry gathered at SJM’s Grand Lisboa Palace Resort Macau on 7 November as...

Evolution Asia
Dolby banner
Aristocrat banner
GLI
Nustar
SABA
Mindslot
Solaire
Hann
Tecnet
NWR

Related Posts

New Zealand International Convention Centre to officially open on 11 February 2026

New Zealand International Convention Centre to officially open on 11 February 2026

by Ben Blaschke
Mon 1 Dec 2025 at 06:01

SkyCity Entertainment group has confirmed the official opening date for the recently completed New Zealand International Convention Centre (NZICC), which will open its doors for the first time on 11 February 2026. Having taken possession of the facility from developer...

Death by a thousand cuts

Kazakhstan couple arrested for using phone and earpieces to cheat Crown Sydney casino out of almost AU$1.2 million

by Newsdesk
Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 19:14

New South Wales police have arrested and charged a couple from Kazakhstan for allegedly fraudulently winning over AU$1 million at Crown Sydney. The couple, who travelled to Sydney from Kazakhstan in October 2025, made multiple visits to the casino at...

Macau satellite casino Ponte 16 officially closes with hundreds of locals gathering to witness the event

Macau satellite casino Ponte 16 officially closes with hundreds of locals gathering to witness the event

by Pierce Chan
Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 16:57

After operating for over 17 years, the Ponte 16 casino – a satellite casino on the Macau Peninsula – finally shut its doors on Friday following the withdrawal of an acquisition plan by SJM Holdings. SJM announced on 16 November...

Macau’s hotel occupancy rate reaches 89% in July

Macau hotel occupancy rate rises to 89.3% in October

by Newsdesk
Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 15:52

Macau’s hotels recorded an average occupancy rate of 89.3% in October, representing a 0.9 percentage point increase from October 2024 according to information from the Statistics and Census Service (DSEC). This included a 1.8 percentage point increase in 5-star hotels...

Your browser does not support the video tag.


IAG

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • NEWSFEED
  • MAG ARTICLES
  • VIDEO
  • OPINION
  • TAGS
  • REGIONAL
  • EVENTS
  • CONSULTING
  • CONTRIBUTORS
  • MAGAZINES
  • ABOUT
  • CONTACT
  • ADVERTISE

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Subscribe
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • Magazines
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • About
  • Home for G2E Asia

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • English