• Subscribe
  • Magazines
  • About
  • Contact
  • Advertise
Monday 1 September 2025
  • zh-hant 中文
  • ja 日本語
  • en English
IAG
Advertisement
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • 中文
No Result
View All Result
IAG
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • 中文
No Result
View All Result
IAG
No Result
View All Result

Lei Wai Nong: Government will adjust this year’s gaming budget

Pierce Chan by Pierce Chan
Thu 8 Sep 2022 at 03:28
Lei Wai Nong: Government will adjust this year’s gaming budget

Lei Wai Nong

12
SHARES
295
VIEWS
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Macau’s Secretary for Economy and Finance, Lei Wai Nong, said Wednesday that he will adjust this year’s gross gaming revenue (GGR) estimate and will propose changes to the Legislative Assembly in the next few months.

The Macau government earlier this year estimated that GGR would reach MOP$130 billion (US$16.1 billion). However, revenue from January to August has reached just MOP$28.9 billion (US$3.58 billion), down 53.4% compared to 2021.

Speaking at an event on Wednesday morning, Lei said, “The government will definitely adjust the revenue from gambling this year as the 44-day pandemic after June 18 has had a great impact on the community, so we will go to the Legislative Assembly to make changes to the budget.”

Lei was also asked how many bids the government has received so far for gaming concessions under the re-tender but did not disclose any information.

“The Gaming Commission will release information to the media when the bidding closes on 14 September,” he said.

Lei pointed out that the average daily number of visitors to Macau has averaged between 15,000 and 17,000 recently, and that the government will resume its traditional fireworks display on 1 October in an effort to attract more mainland visitors.

However, outbreaks have recently increased in mainland China, with more than 1,000 confirmed cases a day spread across different provinces and cities. Lei said the Macau government will closely communicate with the mainland government on the latest situation of the pandemic to ensure Macau remains safe.

RelatedPosts

Melco prices US$750 million Senior Notes offering

Melco Resorts parent Melco International back in the black with US$45 million 1H25 profit

Sun 31 Aug 2025 at 08:45
Morgan Stanley: Macau’s peninsula IRs could claim some GGR share from closure of SJM’s satellites

SJM still in discussions over acquisition of Macau satellite casinos Ponte 16 and L’Arc

Sun 31 Aug 2025 at 08:43
Macau hotel occupancy rate reached 91% in July, up 1.9 percentage points year-on-year

Macau hotel occupancy rate reached 91% in July, up 1.9 percentage points year-on-year

Sun 31 Aug 2025 at 06:32
Sands China celebrates 1.1 billion cumulative visitors to its Macau resorts

Sands China celebrates 1.1 billion cumulative visitors to its Macau resorts

Thu 28 Aug 2025 at 19:09
Load More
Tags: budgetcasinosgamblingLei Wai NongMacau
Share5Share1
Pierce Chan

Pierce Chan

With more than five years’ experience working as a journalist in Macau, Pierce is an experienced media operator with strong skills in news writing and editing. He previously worked with Exmoo, first as a reporter covering government, gaming and tourism-related stories, then as a Deputy Assignment Editor helping set the agenda of the day. Pierce is a graduate of the University of Macau.

Current Issue

Editorial – Flipping the script

Editorial – Flipping the script

by Ben Blaschke
Thu 28 Aug 2025 at 12:30

This month represents an important milestone for Inside Asian Gaming as we launch IAG EXPO – an expansion of the...

Asia market roundup

Asia market roundup

by Ben Blaschke
Thu 28 Aug 2025 at 12:26

Inside Asian Gaming takes a deep dive into the state of Asia-Pacific’s key gaming markets: who’s hot, who’s not and...

Rewriting the rules

Rewriting the rules

by Newsdesk
Thu 28 Aug 2025 at 11:43

IAG EXPO, taking place at Newport World Resorts from 8 to 10 September, is not your usual trade show. IAG...

Test of character

Test of character

by Newsdesk
Thu 28 Aug 2025 at 11:28

Since its establishment in 1989, Gaming Laboratories International (GLI) has developed into the world’s most trusted name when it comes...

Evolution Asia
Your browser does not support HTML5 video.
Aristocrat
GLI
Nustar
SABA
Mindslot
Solaire
Hann
Tecnet
HKUST
NWR

Related Posts

China’s largest travel agency discussing agreement with Korea Tourism Organization

South Korea’s gaming and tourism industries call for overhaul of regulatory framework amid rising regional competition

by Newsdesk
Mon 1 Sep 2025 at 05:34

Representatives of South Korea’s tourism and casino industries have called for an overhaul of the country’s regulatory framework, arguing that integrated resorts with casino gaming must be fully utilized in order to boost international tourism. According to a report from...

Summit Ascent shareholders pave way for Suncity to take majority stake

LET Group and Summit Ascent report improved 1H25 performance on Tigre de Cristal upgrades, addition of export business in Russia

by Newsdesk
Mon 1 Sep 2025 at 05:16

Summit Ascent Holdings and its parent company LET Group reported a 64.7% increase in revenue to HK$312.9 million (US$40.1 million) in the first six months of 2025, aided by the improved performance of their Russian integrated resort Tigre de Cristal...

The Star Sydney’s casino license in limbo as final report from second inquiry handed to regulator

Son of Star’s largest shareholder joins Star Entertainment Group board as non-executive director

by Newsdesk
Sun 31 Aug 2025 at 09:16

Troubled Star Entertainment Group has announced the appointment of Bruce Mathieson Jr – the son of Australian pub baron and Star’s largest shareholder Bruce Mathieson – as a non-executive director of the company, subject to regulatory approvals. Mathieson Jr, currently...

Melco prices US$750 million Senior Notes offering

Melco Resorts parent Melco International back in the black with US$45 million 1H25 profit

by Ben Blaschke
Sun 31 Aug 2025 at 08:45

Melco’s Hong Kong-listed parent Melco International Development Ltd recorded a profit attributable to owners of the company of HK$350.8 million (US$45.0 million) for the six months to 30 June 2025, buoyed by the improved performance of its gaming and non-gaming...

Your browser does not support the video tag.


IAG

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • NEWSFEED
  • MAG ARTICLES
  • VIDEO
  • OPINION
  • TAGS
  • REGIONAL
  • EVENTS
  • CONSULTING
  • CONTRIBUTORS
  • MAGAZINES
  • ABOUT
  • CONTACT
  • ADVERTISE
  • 中文

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • 中文
  • Subscribe
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • Magazines
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • About
  • Home for G2E Asia

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • 中文
  • English