• Subscribe
  • Magazines
  • About
  • Contact
  • Advertise
Saturday 30 August 2025
  • zh-hant 中文
  • ja 日本語
  • en English
IAG
Advertisement
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • 中文
No Result
View All Result
IAG
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • 中文
No Result
View All Result
IAG
No Result
View All Result

Macau and Guangdong Province look toward easing of negative virus test requirements

Newsdesk by Newsdesk
Tue 29 Jun 2021 at 05:16
Macau health officials confirm no quarantine planned for visitors from Guangzhou after recent COVID scare

Guangzhou city

52
SHARES
1.3k
VIEWS
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Macau’s Novel Coronavirus Response and Coordination Centre revealed Monday that Macau and Guangdong Province had reached an initial agreement which would extend the validation period of COVID-19 virus test for those who are vaccinated.

All high to medium risk districts of COVID-19 in Guangzhou city at Guangdong Province were cleared and all lockdown areas reopened last weekend, with Macau also removing mandatory 14-day medical quarantine measures for arrivals from several districts in Guangzhou. However, the validation period of virus tests for those crossing the border from Guangdong Province into Macau remains at just 48 hours.

Macau’s health officials said that the preliminary consensus between Macau and Guangdong is that the validation period would be “appropriately” extended for those who have received at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccine, although exactly when the new measures would be extended have yet to be confirmed.

Officials also explained that the validation period of virus tests would not return to seven days because the latest outbreak in Guangdong Province was caused by the highly contagious Delta variant.

“We know that the incubation period of the Delta variant of COVID-19 is very short, and the virus can spread quickly with a high load of virus,” said Tai Wa Hou, Medical Director of Macau’s Conde de São Januário Hospital. “Therefore, we do not think it is an appropriate time to ease the entry policy at this point.”

While Guangdong has managed to stamp out its latest outbreak, Hong Kong has recorded two local infections in recent days, having previously gone 16 days without any new cases. However, Tai suggested Macau may consider the actual situation in Hong Kong rather than sticking to a strict 28-day requirement in reopening borders between the two SARs.

“The first prerequisite is to observe whether there are genuine local cases in the community in Hong Kong in the future,” Tai explained.

“But if a local outbreak does not occur in Hong Kong, we might consider adjusting the requirement of zero local cases for 28 consecutive days before implementing the exemption of quarantine for those vaccinated.”

However Tai also emphasized that there is still no specific timetable or plan for customs clearance between Hong Kong and Macau.

As of 28 June, Macau still requires individuals who have been to any of the following areas in Guangdong Province to quarantine for 14 days:

Guangzhou City: Liwan District, Panyu District, Nansha District, Yongping Subdistrict of Baiyun District

Shenzhen City: Fuyong Subdistrict (excluding Shenzhen Airport and Fuyong Ferry Terminal) of Bao’an District

Dongguan City: Nancheng Subdistrict, Dongguang Campus of Xinhua University in Machong Town

Foshan City: Dormitories of Yingkang Packaging Co. Ltd., Nanhai District, Chancheng Distirct

RelatedPosts

Sands China celebrates 1.1 billion cumulative visitors to its Macau resorts

Sands China celebrates 1.1 billion cumulative visitors to its Macau resorts

Thu 28 Aug 2025 at 19:09
IAG names Grand Lisboa Palace Resort Macau as venue and SJM Resorts S.A. as Venue Sponsor for 2025 Power 50 Black Tie Gala Dinner

SJM reports widened 1H25 loss despite GGR growing almost 12% to US$1.90 billion

Thu 28 Aug 2025 at 18:54
Capital Punishment

SJM to relocate satellite casino gaming tables, slot machines to Macau’s famous Hotel Lisboa as part of US$68 million deal with parent company STDM

Thu 28 Aug 2025 at 17:35
Asia market roundup

Asia market roundup

Thu 28 Aug 2025 at 12:26
Load More
Tags: ChinaCODE 10covid-19Guangdong ProvinceGuangzhouMacauNovel Coronavirus Response and Coordination Centre
Share21Share4
Newsdesk

Newsdesk

The IAG Newsdesk team comprises some of the most experienced journalists in the Asian gaming industry. Offering a broad range of expertise, their decades of combined know-how spans multiple countries across a variety of topics.

Current Issue

Editorial – Flipping the script

Editorial – Flipping the script

by Ben Blaschke
Thu 28 Aug 2025 at 12:30

This month represents an important milestone for Inside Asian Gaming as we launch IAG EXPO – an expansion of the...

Asia market roundup

Asia market roundup

by Ben Blaschke
Thu 28 Aug 2025 at 12:26

Inside Asian Gaming takes a deep dive into the state of Asia-Pacific’s key gaming markets: who’s hot, who’s not and...

Rewriting the rules

Rewriting the rules

by Newsdesk
Thu 28 Aug 2025 at 11:43

IAG EXPO, taking place at Newport World Resorts from 8 to 10 September, is not your usual trade show. IAG...

Test of character

Test of character

by Newsdesk
Thu 28 Aug 2025 at 11:28

Since its establishment in 1989, Gaming Laboratories International (GLI) has developed into the world’s most trusted name when it comes...

Evolution Asia
Your browser does not support HTML5 video.
Aristocrat
GLI
Nustar
SABA
Mindslot
Solaire
Hann
Tecnet
HKUST
NWR

Related Posts

All your sports entertainment with SABA Sports – always fair and sharp since 1998.

All your sports entertainment with SABA Sports – always fair and sharp since 1998.

by Newsdesk
Fri 29 Aug 2025 at 18:57

CLIENT PROMOTION Since 1998, SABA Sports has stood as the trusted backbone of the world’s most respected sports betting brands. Built on real-time intelligence and operational excellence, we have earned our reputation as the definitive partner for leading operators worldwide....

Newly appointed Thai PM Paetongtarn Shinawatra expected to continue pursuit of legalized casinos

Thai casino bill dead in the water as Constitutional Court removes Prime Minister Paetongtarn Shinawatra from office

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 29 Aug 2025 at 18:44

Thai Prime Minister Paetongtarn Shinawatra has been removed from office for ethics violations after the Constitutional Court ruled 6-3 against her on Friday. She becomes Thailand’s sixth Prime Minister to be removed by a court or legal ruling since 2008...

Australia’s Star Entertainment Group says available cash halved in December 2024 quarter as liquidity crunch bites again

Star Entertainment Group falls to AU$471.5 million loss in FY25 as remediation, regulatory hurdles continue to bite

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 29 Aug 2025 at 07:38

Australia’s Star Entertainment Group has reported a statutory loss of AU$471.5 million (US$308 million) for the financial year ended 30 June 2025, impacted by a 29% year-on-year decline in group-wide revenue including a 37% fall in gaming revenue. Although the...

Resorts World Las Vegas – Lighting up the north

Recovery of VIP gaming business helps Genting’s Resorts World Las Vegas book improved revenues of US$180 million in 2Q25

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 29 Aug 2025 at 05:30

Resorts World Las Vegas (RWLV), the US flagship of Malaysian gaming giant Genting Berhad, saw revenues grow by 8% quarter-on-quarter to US$180 million and EBITDA by 80% to US$18 million in 2Q25, with the company pointing to improved hold and...

Your browser does not support the video tag.


IAG

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • NEWSFEED
  • MAG ARTICLES
  • VIDEO
  • OPINION
  • TAGS
  • REGIONAL
  • EVENTS
  • CONSULTING
  • CONTRIBUTORS
  • MAGAZINES
  • ABOUT
  • CONTACT
  • ADVERTISE
  • 中文

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • 中文
  • Subscribe
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • Magazines
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • About
  • Home for G2E Asia

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • 中文
  • English