• Subscribe
  • Magazines
  • About
  • Contact
  • Advertise
Sunday 31 August 2025
  • zh-hant 中文
  • ja 日本語
  • en English
IAG
Advertisement
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
No Result
View All Result
IAG
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
No Result
View All Result
IAG
No Result
View All Result

Century Entertainment inks revised table rights deal ahead of March launch of new Cambodia casino

Newsdesk by Newsdesk
Mon 8 Feb 2021 at 05:12
Century Entertainment inks revised table rights deal ahead of March launch of new Cambodia casino

Dara Sakor

37
SHARES
921
VIEWS
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Hong Kong-listed Century Entertainment International Holdings Ltd has signed a revised agreement with its Chairman and CEO, Ng Man Sun, that will allow it to launch mass table gaming operations at a new casino in Dara Sakor, Cambodia in March.

The new agreement comes as Century Entertainment, formerly known as Amax International, confirmed that opening of the new casino had been delayed from January due to recent business closures as a result of COVID-19 and interruptions in the global logistic market that has seen the delivery schedule of certain essential equipment delayed. The owner of the building in which the new casino will be located has now decided to focus on finalizing mass market gaming operations with the mass gaming floor expected to open by early March, the company said.

Century Entertainment had originally signed a five-year deal with Lion King Entertainment Company Ltd – a company wholly-owned by its CEO Ng Man Sun and which will run the casino in question – in 2019 to operate four gaming tables at his casino in Sihanoukville.

However, casino operations were forced to shut down in April 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, with Ng later revealing he had received a more attractive offer to move his casino to Dara Sakor. The new location, Century Entertainment said Friday, will cover a gross floor area of 10,500 square with 20 mass gaming tables, seven tables for niu-niu poker, 10 tables for baccarat including Century Entertainment’s assignment, 1 table each for blackjack, sicbo and poker, 25 VIP tables, 50 EGMs and a Chinese restaurant.

Under a new agreement signed with Ng and Lion King, Century Entertainment may be granted permission to operate more than four tables pending a valuation of each gaming table at the new location by an independent valuer. The tables will be mainly used for baccarat with the company entitled to 100% of house winnings and responsible for 100% of house losses.

Explaining the reasons for entering the new agreement, Century Entertainment said, “In view of the expected re-opening of the New Casino by early March 2021 and the foreseeable recovery of the economy in Cambodia following the launching of vaccine to provide acquired immunity against coronavirus, the Company considers that it provides a good timing for the Company to resume the New Gaming Table Business.

“Dara Sakor, Koh Kong Province is one of the most rapidly developing districts in Cambodia and is a well-known tourism destination in Southeast Asia. The New Location at Dara Sakor is planned to be surrounded by luxury hotel resorts and a golf course. In addition, a new international airport, which allows sizable flights to land and depart, is under construction at Dara Sako. It is expected that the first phase of Dara Sakor International Airport development project will to be operational in mid 2021.

“The Company also considers the successful sourcing by the Assignor to achieve a lower lease expenses would be beneficial to the future profitability of the New Casino as well as the New Gaming Table Business. Furthermore, the Assignor and the Guarantor are still obliged to fulfill their guaranteed profits undertaking under the terms of the Assignment Agreement.”

Century Entertainment has been guaranteed a profit of at least HK$28 million (US$3.6 million) for the first 12 months and HK$32 million (US$4.1 million) for the second under the terms of the new agreement in question.

RelatedPosts

Betting on innovation

Betting on innovation

Thu 28 Aug 2025 at 11:18
Sons of NagaCorp founder Chen Lip Keong join Forbes list of Malaysia’s richest

Surging mass market sees NagaCorp gaming revenues, profit enjoy double-digit growth in 1H25

Tue 26 Aug 2025 at 05:30
Editorial – Winning margins: how Macau is set to become more profitable than ever before

Macau operators introducing further baccarat side bet innovations

Mon 11 Aug 2025 at 11:50
Donaco looks inward as Lee Bug Huy named new CEO

Donaco’s Star Vegas impacted by Thai border closures in June quarter as revenue, profit falls

Wed 30 Jul 2025 at 10:32
Load More
Tags: baccaratCambodiaCentury Entertainment International Holdingscovid-19Dara Sakorgaming tablesNg Man Sun
Share15Share3
Newsdesk

Newsdesk

The IAG Newsdesk team comprises some of the most experienced journalists in the Asian gaming industry. Offering a broad range of expertise, their decades of combined know-how spans multiple countries across a variety of topics.

Current Issue

Editorial – Flipping the script

Editorial – Flipping the script

by Ben Blaschke
Thu 28 Aug 2025 at 12:30

This month represents an important milestone for Inside Asian Gaming as we launch IAG EXPO – an expansion of the...

Asia market roundup

Asia market roundup

by Ben Blaschke
Thu 28 Aug 2025 at 12:26

Inside Asian Gaming takes a deep dive into the state of Asia-Pacific’s key gaming markets: who’s hot, who’s not and...

Rewriting the rules

Rewriting the rules

by Newsdesk
Thu 28 Aug 2025 at 11:43

IAG EXPO, taking place at Newport World Resorts from 8 to 10 September, is not your usual trade show. IAG...

Test of character

Test of character

by Newsdesk
Thu 28 Aug 2025 at 11:28

Since its establishment in 1989, Gaming Laboratories International (GLI) has developed into the world’s most trusted name when it comes...

Evolution Asia
Your browser does not support HTML5 video.
Aristocrat
GLI
Nustar
SABA
Mindslot
Solaire
Hann
Tecnet
HKUST
NWR

Related Posts

The Star Sydney’s casino license in limbo as final report from second inquiry handed to regulator

Son of Star’s largest shareholder joins Star Entertainment Group board as non-executive director

by Newsdesk
Sun 31 Aug 2025 at 09:16

Troubled Star Entertainment Group has announced the appointment of Bruce Mathieson Jr – the son of Australian pub baron and Star’s largest shareholder Bruce Mathieson – as a non-executive director of the company, subject to regulatory approvals. Mathieson Jr, currently...

Melco prices US$750 million Senior Notes offering

Melco Resorts parent Melco International back in the black with US$45 million 1H25 profit

by Ben Blaschke
Sun 31 Aug 2025 at 08:45

Melco’s Hong Kong-listed parent Melco International Development Ltd recorded a profit attributable to owners of the company of HK$350.8 million (US$45.0 million) for the six months to 30 June 2025, buoyed by the improved performance of its gaming and non-gaming...

Morgan Stanley: Macau’s peninsula IRs could claim some GGR share from closure of SJM’s satellites

SJM still in discussions over acquisition of Macau satellite casinos Ponte 16 and L’Arc

by Ben Blaschke
Sun 31 Aug 2025 at 08:43

SJM Holdings is still in discussions over a possible acquisition of two Macau satellite casinos as it continues preparations for the cessation of the city’s satellite industry, management has confirmed. The update formed part of the company’s earnings call late...

Macau hotel occupancy rate reached 91% in July, up 1.9 percentage points year-on-year

Macau hotel occupancy rate reached 91% in July, up 1.9 percentage points year-on-year

by Pierce Chan
Sun 31 Aug 2025 at 06:32

Macau’s hotel occupancy rate surpassed the 90% threshold in July, reaching 91% for a year-on-year gain of 1.9 percentage points, according to information from the Statistics and Census Service. Benefiting from the summer holiday peak season, all tourism metrics in...

Your browser does not support the video tag.


IAG

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • NEWSFEED
  • MAG ARTICLES
  • VIDEO
  • OPINION
  • TAGS
  • REGIONAL
  • EVENTS
  • CONSULTING
  • CONTRIBUTORS
  • MAGAZINES
  • ABOUT
  • CONTACT
  • ADVERTISE

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Subscribe
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • Magazines
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • About
  • Home for G2E Asia

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • English