• Subscribe
  • Magazines
  • About
  • Contact
  • Advertise
Sunday 31 August 2025
  • zh-hant 中文
  • ja 日本語
  • en English
IAG
Advertisement
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
No Result
View All Result
IAG
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
No Result
View All Result
IAG
No Result
View All Result

Wynn Resorts director Hagenbuch one of two to step down amid Elaine Wynn campaign

Newsdesk by Newsdesk
Tue 15 May 2018 at 06:17
Elaine Wynn sues Wynn Resorts over access to shareholders
Print Friendly, PDF & Email
  • John Hagenbuch stands down from Wynn Resorts board
  • Robert J Miller quickly does the same
  • More than 50% of Wynn Resorts board replaced since February
  • Follows campaign by Elaine Wynn against Hagenbuch and the board

Wynn Resorts director John “Jay” Hagenbuch has announced that he won’t stand for re-election on the Wynn Resorts board at this week’s annual general meeting in the wake of a campaign against him by the company’s largest shareholder Elaine Wynn.

In an SEC filing early Monday Macau time, Hagenbuch said that he didn’t want his presence to distract from the future progress of the Wynn Resorts board, stating, “Over the past three months, the board has done a remarkable job maintaining stability at Wynn and managing through a tumultuous time that could easily have caused much deeper disruption to the company’s business.

“There is still more work to be done and I do not want my candidacy to detract from the important progress we have made throughout the organization, including the ongoing refreshment process this board has initiated. Wynn Resorts is a strong company, poised for long-term growth and superior shareholder value creation, and I am proud to have served on its board.”

The 64-year-old will be followed out the door by another director, Robert J Miller, who quickly tendered his resignation in the wake of Hagenbuch’s announcement. Their departure means that more than half of the boards has now stepped down in the wake of the sexual misconduct allegations leveled against founder Steve Wynn in February.

In his own statement, Miller said, “The time has come to leave the past behind and allow Wynn Resorts to embrace a wonderful future. I am thrilled with the recent additions of Betsy Atkins, Dee Dee Myers and Wendy Webb to the board and I believe a new standard of excellence in corporate leadership has been established.

“My departure will afford the board the opportunity to continue to bring on new, independent voices and fresh perspectives. I have been proud to be part of one of the world’s finest resort companies and have the utmost confidence in our board and management team’s ability to successfully remake Wynn for the future.”

Elaine Wynn launched her campaign against Hagenbuch last month via a lengthy letter to shareholders in which she questioned the board’s response to a previous letter she had penned calling for Wynn Resorts to reopen the window during which shareholders can nominate directors and to take steps to allow for a majority of the board to be comprised of new independent qualified directors.

She also questioned the speed of the board’s reply to various requests for information and accused it of seeking to impede her “Withhold the vote” campaign against Hagenbuch.

RelatedPosts

Resorts World Las Vegas – Lighting up the north

Recovery of VIP gaming business helps Genting’s Resorts World Las Vegas book improved revenues of US$180 million in 2Q25

Fri 29 Aug 2025 at 05:30
Aristocrat’s acquisition of ETG supplier Interblock said to have stalled over price

Aristocrat Gaming launches new “positive play” website

Thu 28 Aug 2025 at 05:30
Mario Ho, son of Macau’s Stanley Ho, becomes co-owner and board member of NBA team Boston Celtics

Mario Ho, son of Macau’s Stanley Ho, becomes co-owner and board member of NBA team Boston Celtics

Wed 20 Aug 2025 at 15:23
Genting’s KT Lim moving to take New York’s Resorts World Catskills private

Maybank IB: Genting Malaysia earnings to climb 24% in FY26 on “positive” sale of New York resort’s non-gaming assets

Tue 19 Aug 2025 at 05:26
Load More
Tags: boardElaine WynnHagenbuchJohn “Jay” HagenbuchJohn HagenbuchNorth AmericaRobert J MillerSECWynn Resorts
Share2Share
Newsdesk

Newsdesk

The IAG Newsdesk team comprises some of the most experienced journalists in the Asian gaming industry. Offering a broad range of expertise, their decades of combined know-how spans multiple countries across a variety of topics.

Current Issue

Editorial – Flipping the script

Editorial – Flipping the script

by Ben Blaschke
Thu 28 Aug 2025 at 12:30

This month represents an important milestone for Inside Asian Gaming as we launch IAG EXPO – an expansion of the...

Asia market roundup

Asia market roundup

by Ben Blaschke
Thu 28 Aug 2025 at 12:26

Inside Asian Gaming takes a deep dive into the state of Asia-Pacific’s key gaming markets: who’s hot, who’s not and...

Rewriting the rules

Rewriting the rules

by Newsdesk
Thu 28 Aug 2025 at 11:43

IAG EXPO, taking place at Newport World Resorts from 8 to 10 September, is not your usual trade show. IAG...

Test of character

Test of character

by Newsdesk
Thu 28 Aug 2025 at 11:28

Since its establishment in 1989, Gaming Laboratories International (GLI) has developed into the world’s most trusted name when it comes...

Evolution Asia
Your browser does not support HTML5 video.
Aristocrat
GLI
Nustar
SABA
Mindslot
Solaire
Hann
Tecnet
HKUST
NWR

Related Posts

SBC Summit 2025 to explore the future of digital with Web 3.0 and Blockchain Academy

SBC Summit 2025 to explore the future of digital with Web 3.0 and Blockchain Academy

by Newsdesk
Sun 31 Aug 2025 at 06:29

Delegates at the upcoming SBC Summit 2025 will gain hands-on experience in Web 3.0 and blockchain through a new academy dedicated to decentralized technologies. The program includes practical workshops, discussions and a live session with marketing powerhouse Gary Vaynerchuk. The academy is part of SBC’s...

All your sports entertainment with SABA Sports – always fair and sharp since 1998.

All your sports entertainment with SABA Sports – always fair and sharp since 1998.

by Newsdesk
Fri 29 Aug 2025 at 18:57

CLIENT PROMOTION Since 1998, SABA Sports has stood as the trusted backbone of the world’s most respected sports betting brands. Built on real-time intelligence and operational excellence, we have earned our reputation as the definitive partner for leading operators worldwide....

Newly appointed Thai PM Paetongtarn Shinawatra expected to continue pursuit of legalized casinos

Thai casino bill dead in the water as Constitutional Court removes Prime Minister Paetongtarn Shinawatra from office

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 29 Aug 2025 at 18:44

Thai Prime Minister Paetongtarn Shinawatra has been removed from office for ethics violations after the Constitutional Court ruled 6-3 against her on Friday. She becomes Thailand’s sixth Prime Minister to be removed by a court or legal ruling since 2008...

Australia’s Star Entertainment Group says available cash halved in December 2024 quarter as liquidity crunch bites again

Star Entertainment Group falls to AU$471.5 million loss in FY25 as remediation, regulatory hurdles continue to bite

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 29 Aug 2025 at 07:38

Australia’s Star Entertainment Group has reported a statutory loss of AU$471.5 million (US$308 million) for the financial year ended 30 June 2025, impacted by a 29% year-on-year decline in group-wide revenue including a 37% fall in gaming revenue. Although the...

Your browser does not support the video tag.


IAG

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • NEWSFEED
  • MAG ARTICLES
  • VIDEO
  • OPINION
  • TAGS
  • REGIONAL
  • EVENTS
  • CONSULTING
  • CONTRIBUTORS
  • MAGAZINES
  • ABOUT
  • CONTACT
  • ADVERTISE

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Subscribe
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • Magazines
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • About
  • Home for G2E Asia

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • English