Inside Asian Gaming has announced there are now 67 judges confirmed to lend their expertise on the Judging Panel for the upcoming 2023 IAG Academy IR Awards.
The Awards are to be held at The Ballroom at Hilton Manila, Newport World Resorts, on the evening of Wednesday 13 September, and consist of 20 Awards categories plus a special induction ceremony as part of the IAG Academy Hall of Honor, which will including Rising Stars, Industry Icons and a special Outstanding CEO Award.
For more information on the Awards, please visit iagacad.com and navigate to the “IR AWARDS” menu.
The 67 judges comprise some of the most experienced minds in the business representing a variety of sectors including operators, suppliers, lawyers, consultants, media and more. The full list of confirmed judges so far is as follows:
- Andrew W Scott, Vice Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Inside Asian Gaming (Judging Panel Chairman)
- Sérgio de Almeida Correia, Lawyer, Private Notary, ACS Macau Lawyers
- Sandy Amida, Senior Director of Operations – Table Games, Newport World Resorts
- Dennis Andreaci, Senior Vice President – Casino, Hann Casino Resort
- Ben Blaschke, Managing Editor, Inside Asian Gaming
- Thomas Borman, SVP Electronic Games, Galaxy Macau
- Harmen Brenninkmeijer, Managing Partner, NYCE International Ltd
- Andy Caras-Altas, CEO, TraffGen Global
- Jerry Chan, SVP Electronic Gaming & Special Projects, Okada Manila
- Tony Chan, Chief Financial Officer and Executive Director, Asia Pioneer Entertainment
- Greg Chase, Head of XM Pros Community & Experience Management (XM) Catalyst, XM Institute
- Michael Cheers, Sales Director – Asia, IGT
- Nelson Cheung, Systems Sales Manager – Asia, IGT
- Charles Choy, Co-Chairman, Macau Beer Co
- Jay Chun, Chairman, Paradise Entertainment Limited
- Carlo Climaco, Vice President Operations, Premium Leisure Corp
- Carlos Eduardo Coelho, Partner, MdME
- Rui Cunha, Founding Partner, C&C Lawyers
- Rui Pedro Cunha, Director & General Manager, C&C Lawyers
- Jeffrey Evora, President and Chief Operating Officer, Winford Manila Resort and Casino
- Ashley Fong, Product Planning and Strategy Manager, Aristocrat
- Maulin Gandhi, President, Tangam Systems
- Fredric Gushin, Managing Director, Spectrum Gaming Group
- Trevor Hammond, SVP Gaming and Integrated Resort Operations, NUSTAR
- Michael Hu, President – Asia Pacific, Interblock Asia Pacific Pty Ltd
- Dennis Hudson, Senior Director VP Table Games, Newport World Resorts
- Ian Hughes, CEO, GLI Australia
- Peter Jenkins, Group Executive External Affairs, Star Entertainment Group
- Michael Johansen, President, Resorts World at Sea
- Sudhir Kalé, Founder and Principal, GamePlan Consultants
- Andy Kobel, Senior Vice President – Gaming, Sands China Limited
- Herris Kocibelli, Managing Director, HWK Trading Co Ltd
- Joji Kokuryo, Managing Director, Bay City Ventures Ltd
- Lorraine Koo, Corporate Chief Operating Officer, Dowinn Group
- Michael Krispli, Vice President, EGM Operations, NUSTAR
- Keijiro Kan, President, Angel Macau Ltd
- Liviano Lacchia, Senior Vice President HR Business Partner, Galaxy Entertainment Group
- Matthew Lai, Vice President, International Business Leader, Everi Holdings Inc
- Desmond Lam, College Master and Professor, University of Macau
- Manida Lau, Vice President, Business Solutions & Premium Marketing Operations, Okada Manila
- Andy Lee, Deputy COO, StarWorld Hotel and Casino
- Olivia Lee, Director of Business Development, Mega Fortris Group of Companies
- António Lobo Vilela, Gaming Lawyer, Macau
- Walter Mactal, Chief Legal and Admin Officer, Newport World Resorts
- Jonathan Mazurek, Assistant SVP, Galaxy Entertainment Group
- Jeff Mann, Managing Director, MegaSportsWorld
- Shaun McCamley, Founder & Managing Partner, Euro Pacific Asia Consulting Ltd
- Greg Meares, Vice President of Engineering and Facilities, MGM China
- Scott Messinger, Vice President of Brand Marketing, Benchmark Solutions
- Niall Murray, Chairman, Murray International (Macau) Co. Ltd.
- Jamie Nettleton, Partner, Addisons
- Wendy Ni, Vice President of Strategic Marketing, Okada Manila
- Rui Pinto Proença, Managing Partner, MdME
- Lloyd Robson, General Manager – Asia, Aristocrat
- Chris Rogers, Founder and CEO, East2West Solutions
- Trevor Ross, Sales Director – Asia, Light and Wonder
- Robert Scott, Vice President – Hotel Operations, Okada Manila
- Charles Seo, Senior Director, Product Management – APAC, IGT
- Tim Shepherd, Director, Fortuna Investments
- Angel Sueiro, Chief Operating Officer, PH Resorts Group
- Chen Si, Chief Operating Officer, Inspire Entertainment Resort
- Alan Teo, COO, Universal Hotels and Resorts Inc
- Raymond Voon, Senior Vice President – Customer Services, Galaxy Entertainment Group
- Ian Wood, Business Development Manager, Synectics Systems (Asia) Ltd
- Raymond Yap, Corporate Director – International Premium Market Development, Galaxy Entertainment Group
- Betty Zhao, Chief Operating Officer, LT Game
- Michael Zhu, EVP, Apple Brook Colorado LLC
The call is still out for more judges to join official Judging Panel for the 2023 IAG Academy IR Awards.
Judges will have their name, title, organization and a maximum 100-word profile featured on the Awards website at iagacad.com/ir-awards-judges.
Judges do not need to attend the Awards ceremony and do not even need to be in Manila during the voting process.
They will also be entitled to attend the gala dinner on Wednesday 13 September free of charge in return for their judging and voting efforts.
Anyone interested in being a Judge should carefully review the following eligibility criteria:
- Judges must have a minimum of 10 years IR industry-related experience:
- At an integrated resort (IR) or legal land-based gaming operator in a gaming or non-gaming function, or
- At a manufacturer, vendor or supplier selling goods or services to IRs or legal land-based gaming operators in Asia (either directly or further back in the supply chain), with those sales representing a significant part of their or their employer’s business, or
- As an accountant, academic, analyst, banker, consultant, financier, government official, investor, lawyer, politician, regulator, researcher, trainer or other professional with a significant part of their or their employer’s work or business relating to the IR or legal land-based gaming industry, or
- At a non-IR hospitality or other business typically found in integrated resorts such as a hotel, F&B outlet, retail outlet, and so on, but with a minimum of two years direct IR industry experience.
- At least five years’ experience must be in the Asia-Pacific region, from the middle east to the International Date Line inclusive.
- If no longer employed in the industry, and the potential judge has been out of the industry for five years or more, they must self-declare that they take a continuing and active interest in the APAC IR industry.
The final decision on Judging Panel eligibility rests with the Chairman of the Judging Panel. Note that judges will be recused from categories in which they or their employer have been nominated, or there is some other conflict of interest as determined by the Chairman of the Judging Panel.
Judges will be asked to vote electronically on categories they are not recused from. Judging is optional and is not required in any category in which they do not believe they are qualified to pass judgement. Judges may be presented with PDFs of up to five pages and videos of up to two minutes in length relating to official nominees, and may also use their own personal knowledge and experience of official nominees in casting their votes. Judges will be asked to cast their votes electronically between Thu 31 August and Sat 9 September 2023, as described in iagacad.com/ir-awards-awards-process.
If you meet the eligibility criteria and wish to be a member of the judging panel, please contact Judging Panel chairman Andrew W Scott at [email protected]. Please make contact without delay as IAG may institute a cap on the size of the Judging Panel.
The IAG Academy IR Awards form part of the first ever “Super September” at Manila’s Newport World Resorts from 12 to 14 September 2023, which also comprises the inaugural IAG Academy Summit and the return of networking social Manila After Dark. Visit iagacad.com for more information.
For sponsorship inquiries, please contact:
+853 2875 2959
+853 2875 2959
For media, production and event enquiries, please contact:
+853 2883 6497