The number of confirmed positive cases of COVID since the continuing Macau outbreak began on 19 June has reached 572. There were 88 new nucleic acid test (NAT) positive cases found in the past 24 hours.
Of those cases, 49 were found in the community and 39 were found amongst people in quarantine, according to the Novel Coronavirus Response Coordination Center.
As at 8am today (30 June), a total of 10,108 people have been followed up by the government in their epidemiological investigations. These include 1,614 close contacts, 6,436 “non-core” close contacts, 489 “sub-close” contacts, 334 general contacts and 663 accompanying persons.
Approximately 25% of cases in Macau are showing symptoms, with the remaining 75% being asymptomatic. Only one case so far has been described as “serious” by the Macau Health Bureau, a 60-year old female who had a CT scan showing pneumonia in both lungs. According to information provided on Monday by the head of the Novel Coronavirus Response Coordination Center, Dr Leong Iek Hou, the woman’s condition was considered “stable” and she is receiving anti-viral medicines. She was triple-vaccinated with the Sinopharm vaccine.
Macau residents are required to undergo a RAT today. If they do not have the test, their health code will change to yellow.