The Chief Executive of Macau, Ho Iat Seng, revealed during a meeting with the media that the quarantine period for people entering Macau may be changed to “10+7 days” or “7+7” in July or August, down from the current “14+7 days”.
The mainland Chinese cities of Shanghai, Suzhou, Ningbo, Xiamen, Qingdao and Guangzhou implemented a regime of “10 days of centralized isolation + 7 days of home health monitoring” in April. Shenzhen earlier changed to “7 days of centralized isolation + 7 days of home health monitoring.”
Referring to the mainland measures, Ho Iat Seng pointed out in a meeting with the media today (Monday 6 June) that the Macau government does not rule out changing to 10+7, or even 7+7, but still needs to undertake discussion with relevant mainland government departments. Ho said the government hopes the change to 10+7 or 7+7 it can be implemented in July or August.
IAG previously reported that the Chinese mainland had imposed restrictions on entry to Macau. Ho pointed out that these restrictions are not only on Macau, but also on inter-provincial travel on the mainland, but he believes these restrictions will eventually be lifted.
IAG is also hearing unconfirmed rumors circulating that Hong Kong and Macau will open their mutual border in August. Such rumors have been commonplace over the past 12 months, but thus far have not come to fruition. Ho said he had not received any relevant information regarding a relaxation of border restrictions between Macau and Hong Kong.