Hong Kong-listed Century Entertainment International Holdings Ltd says it has been assigned two gaming tables, with more expected to follow, to be operated by the company as part of an agreement related to a new casino in Dara Sakor, Cambodia.
The casino in question is run by Century Entertainment’s own Chairman and CEO, Ng Man Sun, who commenced operations on Thursday after an eight-month delay due to COVID-19. Ng’s casino had originally been located in Sihanoukville but Century Entertainment announced in October 2020 that he would relocate his operation after receiving a better offer from the owners of the building within which it is now located in Dara Sakor.
Century Entertainment had already signed a five-year deal with Ng’s company Lion King by that time to operate four gaming tables at the casino in Sihanoukville but inked a new deal in February 2021 for the operation of an unspecified number of mass market tables in Dara Sakor.
Under the revised agreement , Century Entertainment may be granted permission to operate more than four tables pending a valuation of each gaming table at the new location by an independent valuer. The tables will be mainly used for baccarat with the company entitled to 100% of house winnings and responsible for 100% of house losses.
Final details of that agreement are yet to be determined with the company and Ng announcing Thursday another extension until 28 February 2022 of the Long Stop Date for all details to be finalized.
However, Century Entertainment said the two tables it has now been initially assigned “will be operated under the business model as set out in the announcement of the company dated 5 February 2021 and this would be subsequently adjusted subject to regular operation review.”
The new casino is said to cover a gross floor area of 10,500 square meters with 20 mass gaming tables, seven tables for niu-niu poker, 10 tables for baccarat, 1 table each for blackjack, sicbo and poker, 25 VIP tables, 50 EGMs and a Chinese restaurant.