The International Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR) has launched a new awards program, the International Regulatory Awards, aimed at recognizing the contributions of regulators around the world.
The awards will see winners from five categories, International regulator of the year, Regulatory excellence, Regulatory innovation, Best regulatory campaign and Regulatory rising star, named at a gala dinner in Boston in September as part of the IAGR’s 2021 conference.
The panel of judges includes:
- Ben Haden – UK Gambling Commission
- Thulisizwe Johnson – Botswana Gambling Authority
- Caroline Kongwa – National Gambling Board South Africa
- Jason Lane – Jersey Gambling Commission
- Catherine Myers – Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation (Australia)
- Paul Newson – Senet Advisory (Australia)
- Trudy Smit Quosai – Greo (Canada)
- A representative from International Masters of Gaming Law (IMGL) – TBC
“There has never been a greater need for gaming regulators to be innovative in their regulatory practice,” says Catherine Myers, IAGR Trustee and CEO of the Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation in Australia.
“The International Regulatory Awards offer a unique opportunity to acknowledge and recognise exceptional regulators who are helping to drive the industry forward. They provide a platform to promote success, share ideas, and inspire other gaming regulators across the globe.”
Those wishing to submit nominations can do so by clicking here.