Nagasaki announced on Friday that all five candidate operator groups for an IR property in the region have met the prefecture’s initial qualification requirements.
The officially registered operators are:
- Oshidori Consortium, represented by Oshidori International Holdings Limited and including US tribal casino operator Mohegan Gaming and Entertainment
- Casinos Austria International Japan
- Current Group, a consortium comprising Current, Get Nice, Guangdong Group, Success Universe and ITC Properties
- NIKI Chyau Fwu (Parkview) Group, the recently announced contender bringing together Japan’s THE NIKI and Taiwan’s Chyau Fwu (Parkview) Group
- One Kyushu, represented by TLL Resorts and bringing together Pixel Companyz and Europe’s Groupe Partouche
First-round screening documents will be accepted until 1 March, and three candidates will then be named by mid-March as having advanced to the second round. Nagasaki’s partner operator is planned to be selected in August.