Star Entertainment Group says it has been informed by NSW Health that a patron known to have visited its flagship casino, The Star Sydney, last week has tested positive to COVID-19.
In a Monday filing, The Star revealed that the patron in question visited the casino for around three hours on Saturday 4 July 2020, with the company now conducting contact tracing, including staff members, to determine who they may have come in contact with. Casino and resort operations will continue under strict COVID-19 prevention measures.
The Star Sydney reopened its main gaming floor on 1 July, with the number of customers allowed on the floor at any one time limited to a maximum of 5,000 based on the NSW Government requirement of one person per four square meters of floor space.
Explaining details of its COVID-safe plan, The Star said the plan “incorporates COVID-safe measures into The Star’s existing comprehensive work health and safety procedures,” which include “spatial distancing measures, hygiene and cleaning measures across the property including extensive intra-day cleaning and a daily comprehensive clean during a property shutdown between 6am and 10am.
“The plan has been developed and endorsed by two independent health experts,” the company added.