ASX-listed Aquis Entertainment Ltd says it has stood down around 90% of its 235-strong workforce following the forced closure of all casinos in Australia last week.
Mirroring similar measures taken by the larger Star Entertainment Group, Aquis – which owns and operates Casino Canberra in Australia’s capital city – revealed Monday that it has already stood down 190 operational employees with another 20 to follow.
Some essential staff remain in a reduced capacity to maintain the property, provide security and process payroll, Aquis said.
The company also revealed that its executive team has taken a temporary 48% salary reduction, while CEO Alison Gallaugher will see her salary halved from AU$300,000 to AU$150,000.
“This will likely be the toughest challenge that any of our employees have faced in their lifetimes,” Gallaugher said. “The executive team are committed and devoted to this business and will do our very best to bring the company through this shut down and then rebuild it for our team and patrons.”