The Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (PAGCOR) has confirmed the temporary suspension of all POGOs and their service providers (SPs) based in Luzon for the duration of the month-long community quarantine measures imposed by President Rodrigo Duterte.
Although the Philippines gaming regulator had stated on Monday that POGOs were included in a nationwide ban on all gaming operations, PAGCOR issued a separate statement on Wednesday in which it outlined full details of restrictions on the country’s online gaming companies.
Those restrictions state that a “skeletal workforce at POGO operating sites are no longer allowed” and that all POGO employees must “remain in their places of residence, and no loitering or mass gatherings are allowed.”
POGO data centers, software, technical devices and other IT facilities are to be maintained remotely while maintenance personnel must obtain permits from the Inter-Agency Task Force for matters that can only be addressed on site.
POGOs located outside the Philippines’ main island of Luzon have been advised to follow the community quarantine measures adopted by their local government units.
“Our situation right now is different,” said PAGCOR Chairman and CEO Andrea Domingo.
“While revenue generation is important in our operations, the health and well-being being of every Filipino is our immediate priority. By practicing the health protocols recommended by our Health Department, we can all help curb, if not stop the spread of COVID-19.”
As previously reported by Inside Asian Gaming, PAGCOR earlier this week “ordered the temporary suspension of gaming activities nationwide.
“This covers PAGCOR-owned and operated and licensed entities, casinos, bingo, sports betting, poker, slot machines and eGames,” the regulator said.
There are currently 60 licensed POGOs in the Philippines under which 218 service providers are currently operating.