Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte has lifted a ban on the lotto operations of the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO), although other gaming operations including the Small-Town Lottery, Keno and Peryahan ng Bayan remain suspended.
“As per the advice of Executive Secretary Salvador C. Medialdea, the suspension of lotto operations has been ordered lifted by the President,” said spokesman Salvador Panelo on Tuesday.
“Franchise holders and operators of lotto outlets may now resume with their operations. The lifting of the suspension of lotto operations takes effect immediately.”
As previously reported by IAG, Duterte ordered all gaming operations of the PCSO shut down last Friday due to what he said was “massive corruption.”
However, the government says that no longer applies to lotto with Medialdea stating they had “found no anomalies in the conduct of its operation, its sanctity remained untainted and proper regulatory rules followed.”
Lifting of the lotto ban means more than 5,000 outlets nationwide can now resume business.