Supplier Awards 2010 - Best Electronic Game Signage
The second installment of the annual awards.Sunday, 14 March 2010
- Supplier Awards 2010
- Winners List
- Best Standalone Electronic Game
- Best Linked Progressive Game
- Best Multi-Player Game
- Best Innovation in Electronic Games
- Best Electronic Gaming Peripheral — Bill Acceptor
- Best Electronic Gaming Peripheral — Printer
- Best Electronic Game Signage
- Best Table Gaming Essential
- Best Table Utility Product
- Best Table Gaming Peripheral
- Best Table Gaming Innovation
- Editor's Pick
Best Electronic Game Signage
On a busy casino floor full of noise and flashing lights, getting your sign to stand out is a real challenge. Over time, casino game signage has transformed itself from straightforward advertising and direction finding to become an integral part of the games themselves. Today, that signage takes many forms, including top boxes with animations, giant reels and jackpot accumulator information. Crucially, thanks to the development of convergent technical standards in the industry and the advent of digital technology, that sign equipment is increasingly flexible in terms of how it can be deployed on the floor, and how it can interact with the rest of the casino’s marketing effort. Information on current jackpot levels on a particular game or bank of games can, for example, be uploaded from games to signs, and can also be downloaded from games to back of house systems for distribution in marketing campaigns around the property.
The judging criteria for best electronic game signage were:
* Crowd pulling appeal based on packaging and attractiveness (weighted at 50% of the final assessment).
* Daily operation judged by software stability, quality of hardware build, ease of servicing (25% of the final assessment).
* System integration based on ease of operation and ability to integrate into operator’s back office and marketing systems (weighted at 25% of the final assessment).
|Aristocrat||Fa Fa Fa|
|Orion Art||Customised signage|
|Shuffle Master||Pink Panther|
Winner: Orion Art
"Orion offers flexibility and good access for services. Their equipment is easy to integrate on the floor and is easily adapted for many applications," was the verdict on the winner.
Orion Art's original signage is used on the main gaming floor at City of Dreams in Macau as well as the Hard Rock Casino upstairs. During 2009, MGM Grand Macau placed orders with Orion Art for new, speciality link and denomination signage.
Honourable Mention: Shuffle Master – Pink Panther
The judges were impressed with the originality of the sign support for what is already a highly original linked jackpot game. The Pink Panther top box features a giant three-reel display that activates during a bonus feature, with a jackpot indicator below it. The top box also features retro styling in keeping with the original 1960s and 1970s Pink Panther cartoon series on which the slot game is based. The familiar Henry Mancini music used in the opening titles of the film series and cartoon series, plus incidental music from the cartoons, plays during the bonus sequence.